IMPROVE YOUR PERSONAL EFFICIENCY AND WORK SATISFACTION
Ensure your name is associated with Quality
Personal Guarantee is a powerful quality concept underpinned by the principle that the person who performs a task guarantees its quality; meaning that this person has checked their own work – and is not only proud to put their name TO it, but also ON it.
Quality gained its place as an important business requirement back in the 1950’s and was synonymous with names like Crosby, Deming, Juran, Ishikawa and Feigenbaum. It was in the 1980’s that TMI was the only organisation to introduce the notion that Quality is actually about people – and so the ‘Personal Quality’ concept was born.
The Personal Guarantee programme is a core component of Personal Quality. It develops awareness around quality and focuses on how we can learn to increase the quality of every detail in our every day activities.
Throughout this interactive workshop, individuals will be challenged to reflect on their values, attitudes and behaviours and how these impact upon personal quality. Participants will explore real-life examples of poor quality and the feelings they evoke about the individuals or organisations involved. Furthermore, they’ll use a 7 step tool to help define, manage, monitor, measure and improve team quality.
THIS COURSE WILL ENABLE YOU TO:
- Develop your Quality awareness to ensure that fewer mistakes are made
- Ensure that the names of teams , team members and their reputation is associated with Quality
- Raise awareness about Quality within your team and organisation
- Promote Quality within the team and organisation, developing trust and respect
- Get the details right first time, increasing productivity and avoiding criticismds
- Apply the concept of ‘YOU Appeal®’ ensuring the customer is your focus throughout the sales process
- Motivate customers by applying TACK’s Offer Analysis© technique
- Respond to and manage objections confidently and professionally
- Deploy key strategies for winning business and gaining customer commitment